Welcome to Papin's Resort of Drummond Island, Michigan. Please read the following rules to ensure a great stay with us!
Deposits are NON-refundable.
Weekly bookings only for 2017
Sorry, NO 1 night reservations, the daily rate listed on each cabin is for a 2 night stay or more.
3 day minimum on Memorial Day & Labor Day weekend
We may have cancellations and can be flexible, check with us!
Please call during normal business hours to book a cabin. (Typically 8am-8pm)
Click on Trip Planner, for a list of things to bring, what our cabins have in them, and directions to get here.
Make sure your guests see the Trip Planner, and the description of the cabin.
- Deposits and payments
Deposits are $100 for cottages and $200 for Log Homes. For daily rentals, the deposit is the cost of 1 night. All Deposits are non-refundable. (If I'm saving the cabin for you, I'm turning others away) Your balance is due upon arrival. Please check in at the main office before moving into your cabin. You are responsible for the entire balance of your stay even if you leave early. We cannot give refunds due to early departures. You will be expected to give us a credit card # when making a reservation, for security and damage purposes. We no longer accept checks for deposit, a credit card must be given when you make the reservation. We do not take reservations for more than a year out.
- Taxes-All rates are "plus tax". 6% MI Sales tax, 5% Drummond Island Tourism tax, 1% UP Travel & Recreation Tax. Sorry for all the taxes!! I have no choice! :(
- Checking in- Check in time is 3pm or later. There will be no early check-ins during July and August. When you arrive, come to the office for payment, and for directions to your cabin. If you would like to arrive before 3pm, please call for permission a day ahead of time. If you will be arriving late, call so we can discuss what you need to do.
DO NOT use online maps or a GPS to get here. They don't always work here and you may end up lost. It is your responsibility to make sure your guests who may be arriving late, have the directions to the cabin, or that they ask us before they leave home. We are not open all night, and your phones may not work here.
- We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, Checks, or Cash. We would prefer not to take more than a couple payments. If you are splitting your bill with other guests, please plan ahead for this.
- Late Check-In- If you get here after hours; we will have a map to your cabin hanging on the inside office door. Come in the next day for payment.
- Trailers - If you are pulling trailers and bringing extra vehicles; it is your responsibility to ask us about the parking areas for your cabin. Some cabins do NOT accommodate trailers. We have trailer parking along our driveway, please do not park on the lawn by your cabin without getting permission. There is NO room to turn a big trailer around at the office area and we have sewer and water lines buried in the lawn that can be damaged if ran over. You will be responsible for repair costs if this happens. So call and make arrangements BEFORE you get here!
- Freezer & AC units- We do not allow Air conditioning units, heaters, freezers, or refrigerators to be plugged into the cabins. If you bring any of these items, or similar items, there will be an electrical fee. The older cottages cannot handle high draw items.
- Trash- Put all garbage in plastic garbage bags. Dumpsters are located in back of the pole barn at the resort. Do not put animal/fish remains in the dumpster. Please bring extra trash bags. Do not put grease or food down the sinks or toilet. We supply grease jars.
- Dogs -All dogs must be approved in advance. Cats are not allowed. Our pet fee is $10 extra per night. ONE dog per cabin is all we allow. Keep dogs on a leash at all times and clean up all dog droppings. (A shovel will be furnished upon request). Do not leave dogs in cabins alone! Do not let them bark constantly. It is very disturbing to the other guests. DOGS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THE BEDS OR FURNITURE. If there is excessive pet hair on the blankets there will be an additional fee. If there is any damage to the cabins you will be expected to pay for it. We reserve the right to refuse pets. Please respect that other guests might not enjoy pets as much as you do! Dogs that do not play well with other pets and people are NOT welcome for safety reasons! If you are staying in the front cabins, #1 and #2, keep your pet close by your cabin. Do not let them utilize the whole front lawn. The lawn is for all of the guests to use.
- Hunting Dogs- The rules above do not apply to hunting dogs. Dogs that come in a trailer, truck, or kennel, will not be charged individually. As long as they stay outside of the cabin and you clean up their mess. There will be a fee if I have to shovel up after your dogs.
- Children -You must supervise your children at all times. They must wear life jackets near the water. Please don't let your children throw stones in the water. We do not allow slingshots or B.B. Guns at the resort. Children are not allowed to ride motorized vehicles around the resort property. There is no swimming at our docks. We have beaches on the island that we can direct you to. Fishing off our docks is definitely allowed and recommended!
- 4-Wheelers- Do not park 4 wheelers or any wheeled vehicles on the lawn. Please keep them in the parking areas. If you tear up the grass, there will be a fine. Please try to respect the peace & quiet of the resort and the cabins near you. Trailer parking is down the driveway. Do not joy ride around the resort on the ATV.
- Cleaning fish- Do not clean your fish in the cabins. Do not put fish guts in the dumpster. We have a fish cleaning station down by the water to clean your fish. We do not allow pressure cookers in the cabins, take your fish home to can. You are expected to clean up after yourself in the fish cleaning shed. Do not leave trash or cans, and spray down the area that you used. We provide bleach spray, electricity, and water hoses.
- Boat rentals- Clean out your boat when you are finished with it, and put the life jackets and cushions back. (This includes dead fish, bait, beer/pop cans and fishing lures). You are responsible for damages caused to the boat. All boat rentals are "plus tax, and plus gas". We provide an anchor, life jackets, cushions, and oars.
Click on Boat Rentals for pricing and information for rental boats and kayaks. You are expected to come to the office at the end of your stay and pay for the fuel.
- Dock Space- Each cabin is entitled to one dock space. If you are bringing more than 1 boat, the dock fee is $5 per day, or $30 per week. Our docks have some power hook ups, bring your own extension cord. We do not have bumpers at the docks, other than tires. Bring your own bumpers and your own dock lines.
- Quiet after 10:00 p.m. Loud music is not allowed in any part of the resort, at anytime. No fireworks after July 4 without permission. No fireworks anywhere near the dock, the boats, or vehicles. Please ask for an approved location.
- Septics and plumbing- Do NOT flush anything down the toilets other than toilet paper. You cannot put tampons, napkins, grease or paper towel in the toilet. You will be responsible for any damages caused to the septic by doing this. We have containers for grease, in our front office. They can go in the dumpster. Do not dump the grease on the ground.
- Checking out- check out time is 9am unless you have permission to stay longer. Do not leave dirty dishes or dirty ashtrays, and take your trash to the dumpster. Please leave your cabin close to the way you found it as possible. You will be charged a cleaning fee if the cabin is left excessively dirty; that includes pet hair. If you allowed your pet to sleep on our blankets or furniture; there will be an additional fee! You will also be billed for items that are stolen, and you wont be allowed to return. :(
- Damages- you are responsible for any damages caused by you or your guests. Please report damages and/or maintenance issues right away so we have time to make repairs for you, or for the next guests arriving. We understand accidents happen, we just want to be notified when it does.
- And finally- don't be the one that makes us add a #19 to this already long list of rules! Follow the rules and be respectful of our cabins, the grounds, other guests, and we will do our best to make your stay enjoyable! If you're not sure of something, just ask! :-)